Happy 1st Birthday, Mint Peach

by Landis Carey on March 1, 2012

birthday cake

Somehow Mint Peach’s first birthday quietly passed last month without any recognition from yours truly. So, to mark the occasion I wanted to first and foremost say a big thank you to all who follow along this little adventure, you make it all worthwhile!

I’ve gathered a few favorite posts from the past year to celebrate, so if you’re new to Mint Peach, take a peek! And if you’ve been around for the long-haul, I’d love to know which posts you heart!

Simple Living Inspiration: Traveling Light

The Joy of Folding a Fitted Sheet

Friday Reflections: My 10 Reasons for Living with Less

Tomato Avocado Corn Salad

Tuesday Tip: Practical Paint Color Advice

Blank Dining Room Plus Benjamin Moore Surf Blue

How I Forgot We Are Living Without Paper Towels

(Image via Life is Great)

Karen F March 1, 2012 at 10:30 am

Happy birthday! I found your blog just last week (it must have been via AT, but I forget which post) and promptly bookmarked it. I love the style in which you’ve decorated your home, as well as your quest for “simple living”, which I am slowly attempting as well. Also, I live in a 100 year old house in Ridgewood, so I can relate to your crooked windows and small closets!

Landis Carey March 1, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Thanks so much, Karen! What kind words! It’s likely you found Mint Peach through the nursery series I’m doing on AT right now. That’s been such a fun project! It’s really interesting that living simply takes effort and conscientious decision-making, right? I wish you luck in your endeavor and please let me know if there’s ever a topic you’re interested in learning more about. Cheers to old, crooked homes in NJ :)

Kirsten Nieman March 1, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Happy birthday to you:)!

Landis Carey March 1, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Thanks, Kirsten! I hope all is well over at Restored Style — it’s one of my favorite blogs to visit! And your AT house tour is still my go to for inspiration!

Lidia Matwyshyn March 2, 2012 at 1:51 pm

Happy 1st Birthday!!

Landis Carey March 2, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Thanks, Lidia! I’m going to send you a note right now — I’ve been meaning to for the past week. I’m so glad we reconnected!

Laura March 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Happy birthday!
As to the posts I heart? I love the simple living series. It’s a continuing goal to pare things down to pieces that are well made and properly loved by us.

Cheers to nesting!

Landis Carey March 6, 2012 at 8:43 am

Thanks for chiming in, Laura! I’m continuing to pare down still, and you’re right it’s a continuing goal that will evolve as your home’s needs change, etc. Good insight!

SOS March 6, 2012 at 9:09 pm

i don’t know which blog entry i have liked the most, that’s cuz i like them all, but i can tell you on which one i’ve spent the most time: folding a fitted sheet!!! like jill said on her tutorial, it is one of life’s greatest challenges! turned it on again earlier this evening as i had forgotten the process (since my hubby has been folding sheets alot lately, resulting in just too many lumps in the linen closet), so i had to learn all over again.

then there’s always the tomato/avocado/corn salad….living with less…..learning to do without paper towels……..and now new blogs about your little upcoming bundle of joy…….so i’ll just have to keep on looking again and again and maybe one day, i’ll figure out which entry i have liked the best.