Introducing Mint Peach Home

by Landis Carey on June 6, 2011

What an absolutely special weekend that I’ll never forget: lovely sunny open-window weather, new and old friends, cake, balloons, my wonderful husband, a camera crew and time spent opening our door to the world to celebrate Mint Peach Home. I was so honored by all who stopped by on Sunday as a part of the 2011 South Orange Maplewood Artist Studio Tour. It was wonderful to catch-up with old friends, make new ones (yay!), introduce to the world my new collection and tour interested parties through my basement pottery studio. Sales were made and orders were placed. We’re off on the right foot, I can just feel it!

Thank you to all for your support, love and generosity. Your kind words have truly filled my heart.

Here is a collection of images showcasing Sunday’s event. Dinner sets are shown as three and four piece sets while one-of-a-kind serving ware pieces are categorized as small, medium or large. Questions, comments, chime in below! I’d love to hear from you! New to Mint Peach and want to stay up-to-date? “Like” Mint Peach on Facebook for info about our soon-to-open online store and future shows. All my love, Landis

Sally Sherman June 6, 2011 at 9:23 am

How Lovely!!!!

Glad your introduction of your new line went well, I’m so happy for you! It’s all beautiful!

Landis Carey June 7, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Thank you so much, Sally! I really appreciate your support!

Emily June 6, 2011 at 10:14 am

Gorgeous! I am so happy for you and proud that you have channeled your passion into something really really special! Would have loved to see a pic of the artist with her wares! ; )

xoxo,
Em

Landis Carey June 7, 2011 at 9:12 pm

Oh, Em, thank you thank you. Too sweet! I, too, thought about having hubby photograph me, but by the end of the day, I was zonked and not in picture-ready condition. BUT there was a camera crew that came around and interviewed participants, so hopefully I’ll have that footage soon. XO

Jessica June 6, 2011 at 11:08 am

SO happy for you reaching this milestone! And quite proud to say I know you! I actually thought about driving up for literally an hour or so, but I just couldn’t make it work on Sunday (family thing). But I was there in spirit! CONGRATS! Your home looked gorgeous & the pottery is sensational. Love!

Landis Carey June 7, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Thank you, my dear! And thank you for thinking about driving up! That would have been a killer surprise, but next time, next time! Love love!

Vanessa Crews June 6, 2011 at 11:15 am

It looks fabulous and I am already wondering what I should order. I love the colors and your house looks fantastic! You have such style. I am so glad it was a success! You go girl!

Landis Carey June 7, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Oh, V! Thank you! And you’ll see the studio soon!

Heather Austin June 6, 2011 at 2:15 pm

lovely colors – the pictures make me want to hold and touch the pieces. All the best with your new venture, LOVE

Landis Carey June 7, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Thank you, Heather! I’m learning the pieces are really easy to clean because of their finish — something I’m LOVING!! Nothing stays stuck to it…even five hour old mustard :)

Melissa Johnston June 6, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Landis! Your new line of pottery is beautiful – congrats on launching Mint Peach and I hope to purchase some of your gorgeous work soon! (Then we’ll invite you and Ed over and we’ll serve you some yummy food using your gorgeous plates – how’s that sound?!) :)

Landis Carey June 7, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Yay! Love love this plan! But really, either way, we have to get together soon! There was snow on the ground when I last saw you guys :)

Kayla @ Exquisite Banana June 6, 2011 at 11:18 pm

what a milestone…and a beautiful one at that. I am always awed by the loveliness in every image you share here. congrats on a successful launch!

p.s. where in the world do you find your stunning art/textiles? the wall hanging featured here as well as the one in your bedroom have me transfixed.

Landis Carey June 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Hi, Kayla! You’re so kind! Thank you for the sweet words :)

Textiles, I just love them! The bright yellow pattern I purchased at a fabric store in NJ called Fabricland and the others were purchased at I’ve Got a Notion in Montclair, NJ. I also love shopping at Purl Soho and at Britex Fabrics in San Francisco.

Want to know the secret about the wall art? My hubby bought it before I knew him from the secondhand store Housing Works in NYC. They were originally inset in these really terribly thick wooden frames so when we moved into our first place together, we had the grass cloths removed from those frames and mounted to float on the wall.

Diane June 7, 2011 at 8:36 am

Landis, I love your entire collection. You offer many different sizes and shapes to choose from. Your smaller plate that is sitting on top of the dinner plate looks like it could serve small meals, side salads and even desserts. So functional and beautiful!
Your linens are also lovely. Do you make these as well?

Landis Carey June 7, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Thank you, Diane! I’ve actually been using one of the little plates for nearly all of my morning and midday meals and it’s been great. It’s a tad bit bigger than a typical bread plate but it isn’t too large.

Yes, I do sew the table linens, as well. The place mats are my favorite – a brilliant friend suggested I turn the pattern so the stripes are perpendicular. Love them!

Melissa portfolio June 8, 2011 at 8:13 pm

It was great to see your home and beautiful pottery. My salads looks so delicious in your bowl that I bought on Sunday. Thanks for being part of the artists tour.

Melissa portfolio June 8, 2011 at 8:16 pm

It was great to see your home and beautiful pottery. My salads look so delicious in your bowl that I bought on Sunday. Thanks for being part of the artists tour.

Landis Carey June 8, 2011 at 11:02 pm

Melissa! Thank YOU for being my first purchase as Mint Peach Home! It made my day :) Thank you so very much!