Friday Reflections: On Balance

by Landis Carey on April 1, 2011

Living a balanced life is really challenging, right? And while trying to do so in modern times, with all of our gadgets and expectations, it’s even more exhausting. One part of your world starts drumming along so well right when something else needs attention. Add something new to the mix and you’re sunk, but you try to convince yourself otherwise. Well, at least that’s how I approach things…just pile it on and everything will be super fine. Right, Landis, that’s just how it works.

I’ve been feeling a little unbalanced lately. I’ve been spending too much time in the car and too much time on the computer. I’m feeling the need to create while wanting to stay current with the ongoings of the blogosphere.

Because it’s just all so much to keep up with, I wanted to gather my thoughts for the weekend and pull together images that represent the different aspects of me (i.e. my “buckets”) that I value and want to pursue and balance. It’s the start of a home project I’m working on this weekend: A personalized vision board for our busy, modern life.

I’m interested to know, how do you find balance? What are your buckets?

Micheal April 1, 2011 at 1:57 pm

So am I the only one who can’t download the pictures on this post?

Landis Carey April 1, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Hi there. I’m not sure what you mean? Download the images?

Micheal April 1, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Hi, so I am able to view your images on every post except this one and your previous one. It’s like my computer is not downloading it. It’s just a blank box with a little red X in the top left corner. Not sure why it’s doing this on these particular posts. It could just be me and my computer. I was curious to see if anyone else was having an issue.

Landis Carey April 1, 2011 at 2:23 pm

The problem should be fixed now. Please say otherwise if the images aren’t appearing after you refresh the screen. Thank you thank you for letting me know! I hadn’t saved them in the correct format.

Micheal April 1, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Hey, you fixed it! I thought it was just me. I’m not really one to follow blogs, but I recently started following the Zero Waste Home which led me to your article, which led me to your blog. Your interests are so similar to mine I’ve found your posts very interesting, informative and entertaining…great stuff. I guess I have two blogs to follow now.

Landis Carey April 1, 2011 at 2:42 pm

Oh, my goodness, thank you so much! I’m glad to have you join the conversation, Micheal! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.